CENTER of REHABILITATION and TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
· QUALIFIED AND CARING DOCTORS!
· MODERN AND ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT!
· INTEGRATED AND COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CARE!
· INDIVIDUAL APPROACH TO EACH PATIENT!
LIBERATE FROM YOUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SPINE!
Rehabilitation, Neuropathology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Dietology-Nutritionology, Dermatology-Cosmetology, Anaesthesiology, Neurosurgery, Traumatology-Orthopaedics, Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, Manual Therapy, Massage, Reflexotherapy, Homeopathy, Speech Therapy, Psychotherapy.
«AltMed» Medical Centre for Rehabilitation and Traditional Medicine was established in 2001 as a clinical training centre of the Chair of Traditional and Alternative Medicine of the Armenian National Institute of Health (NIH) of Ministry of Health, Republic of Armenia. The promoter of the idea of establishment of «AltMed» Medical Centre was the deputy director of the mentioned institute responsible for coordination of academic programmes, neurologist, anaesthesiologist, reflexotherapy and manual therapy specialist, M.D., PhD. associate professor M. N. Avagyan.
The main fields of activities of «AltMed» Medical Centre include pathology of major organs – the vertebral column and the gastrointestinal tract. Problems with spine and organs of gastrointestinal tract impact all vital processes of the body, and thus, for protection of health and treatment of these organs, it is necessary to monitor regularly and prevent diseases of spine and gastrointestinal tract.
«AltMed» Medical Centre offers diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation of patients in compliance with the latest achievements of medical science and applied medicine. The purpose of diagnosis is to identify the causes leading to the development of pathologies and determine the optimal therapeutic measures aimed at pathogenic treatment and prevention of recurrence of diseases. The diagnostic methods used in «AltMed» Medical Centre, allow to perform quick systemic and comprehensive prediagnostis, obtain a complete picture of patient’s physical and psycho-emotional status and identify the diseases at the earliest stage, often before the appearance of pathological symptoms.
Treatment and rehabilitation in «AltMed» Medical Centre is characterized by a multidisciplinary approach for restoring the affected functions of the body and compensating (or decreasing the degree of) deficiencies, up to its full recovery. In determining the treatment options, firstly, the individual characteristics of each patient and his/her medical condition are taken into account, this playing a major role in the selection of therapeutic interventions, ensuring provision of treatment in compliance with the highest standards of modern medicine, and thus optimizing the entire treatment process.
The key to success in patients’ treatment in «AltMed» Medical Centre is the effective combination of modern Western methods and traditional Oriental medicine, as well as selection of the best combination of various methods of conservative and drug free treatment methods identifying the most effective and safe medications and treatment methods for the patient.
«AltMed» Medical Centre employs a team of highly qualified medical personnel with long-term work experience. We achieve tangible results in the treatment of patients due to the three main principles of teamwork:
I. Consistency in performing diagnostics, peer-assisted development and continuity of health-care and rehabilitation planning, lack of bureaucratic paperwork and stereotyped schemes in the treatment of patients.
II. Systemic examination, integrated treatment and rehabilitation of patients with the use of conservative pharmacological and drug-free methods selected from the modern and traditional medicine toolkit, testing of prescribed drugs for individualized treatment of patients.
III. The research and practical activities of the medical staff working in the Centre is based on the analysis and systematization of the results of patient survey, use of evidence- based and verified approaches, and introduction of the latest diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation methods.
«AltMed» Centre for Rehabilitation and Traditional Medicine conducts patients’ check-up to identify pathological conditions and diseases in all organs and organ systems which includes also the prodromal (subsyndrome), i.e. initial stage of the disease. Thanks to this information, and on the basis of various additional laboratory and instrumental studies, we develop the precise picture of the health status of the patient – the so-called «Health passport», and an optimal individual strategy for illness prevention, treatment and rehabilitation is selected. The received data are interpreted from the point of view of two major directions of medical science- modern Western and traditional Eastern medicine. As a result, a rather comprehensive picture of basic physiological functions of patient’s body (metabolism, neurohumoral, hormonal, immune systems) is obtained, individual biorhythms and the response to treatment are identified.
In «AltMed» Medical Centre our multi-disciplinary team of experts performs diagnostics and treatment of widely-spread diseases, as well as offering rehabilitation services:
– Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis, arthrosis, periarthritis, bursitis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Bekhterev’s disease (ankylosing spondylitis), etc.;
– Diseases of gastrointestinal tract: gastritis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, colitis, bacterial overgrowth (dysbacteriosis), worm infections (helminthiasis), constipation, hemorrhoids, etc.
– Endocrine diseases: diabetes, hyperprolactinemia, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, infertility, etc.
– Metabolic disorders: overweight and underweight conditions, eating disorders, hypovitaminosis, dismicroelementoses, etc.
– Diseases of the urogenital system: irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, salpingo, mastopathy, menopausal syndrome, cystitis, nephrolithiasis (kidney stones), nocturnal enuresis, prostatitis, etc.
– Skin diseases: dermatitis, eczema, acne, hair loss, fungal, viral and bacterial skin diseases, etc.
– Allergic conditions: allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis, asthma, food and drug allergies, etc.
– Speech therapy: speech (autism, logoneurosis (stuttering), aphasia, dysarthria, dyslalia); voice (aphonia, phonation disorders); reading and writing disorders (dyslexia, dysgraphia), etc.
– Psycho-emotional disorders: neuroses, depression, phobias, age crises, addictions (smoking) and others.
«AltMed» Medical Center offers:
– Electroneuromyographic diagnosis: identification of structural and functional state of peripheral nerves and muscles with the use of the stimulus electroneuromyography method.
– Osteodensitometry: determination of degree of osteoporosis and obesity using the X-ray DXA-osteodensitometry method.
X-ray Densitometer «STRATOS» (France)
– Anthropometry: detection of anatomical disorders (scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis, incorrect posture, etc.), identification of somatotype, determination of lower limb length and non-optimal movement patterns through somatoskopy; determination of the degree and type of flatfoot by means of plantography.
– Biochemical diagnostic: detection of helicobacteriosis (infection of the stomach with the bacteria Helicobacter pylori) using C13 UBT (urease breath test).
С13 UBT – Analyzer «FAN hp» («Fisher» company, Germany)
– Reflexodiagnostics: identification of functional state of the body and conduction of medical tests with the help of Su-Jok diagnosis, auriculodiagnostics and Vegetative resonance tests (VRT) .
– Psychodiagnosis: assessment of patient’s psycho-emotional state. – Logopedic examination: analysis of speech, voice, reading and writing disorders.
In «AltMed» Medical Center, the following types of comprehensive medical and psychological therapy and rehabilitation services are offered:
– spinal (diseases of the spinal and peripheral nervous system, postoperative recovery, spine and spinal cord injuries);
– orthopaedic (after fractures or amputations of limbs, joints replacement surgeries, including prosthetic cares);
– sports (rehabilitation of professional sportsmen);
– neurological (for diseases of central nervous system, strokes and brain trauma, as well as after neurosurgeries).
«AltMed» Medical Center offers an integrated preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative care by utilizing modern and alternative pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods:
The main focus of health care services in «AltMed» Medical Center is the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal system diseases (including number of widespread vertebrogen diseases) by a multi-profile team of health care professionals (neurologist, anaesthesiologist, rheumatologist, endocrinologist, neurosurgeon, orthopedist-traumatologist, reflexologist, physiotherapist, kinesiotherapist and psychologist) offers:
– a comprehensive health-improving «Healthy spine»program – for osteochondrosis, spinal disc herniation with muscular-tonic and radicular-compression syndrome, etc. – comprehensive health-improving «Healthy posture»program – for scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis, fallen arch (flat feet), unequal leg length syndrome, a syndrome of an oblique and twisted pelvis etc.
In «AltMed» Medical Center complex treatment and health restoring «Pain Management» program is carried out – a team of specialists (neurologist, anaesthesiologist, rheumatologist, psychologist, reflexologist, physiotherapist and kinesiotherapist) performs diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic pain syndromes (low back pain syndrome, primary and secondary headaches (migraine, cluster headaches, vascular, posttraumatic, etc.), neuropathic pain (neuralgia, phantom and causalgic chronic pain syndrome (arthralgia), pain of vascular genesis, etc.) with the use of various methods of drug and non-pharmacologic therapy.
«AltMed» Medical Center also offers:
- comprehensive health-improving «Postoperative Rehabilitation»program – the work of a multi-profile team (neurologist, cardiologist, speech therapist, psychologist, physiotherapist, kinesiotherapist, massage therapist, reflexologist and homeopath) following a surgical operation (hip replacement, knee joints, removal of herniated intervertebral disc, etc.) and various injuries (ligament sprain, strains and sprain of muscles, etc.) of musculoskeletal system;
- comprehensive «Neurorehabilitation» and «Cardiac Rehabilitation» program is carried out – the work of a multi-profile team (neurologist, speech therapist, psychologist, physiotherapist, kinesiotherapist, massage therapist, reflexologist and homeopath) allows to restore the impaired functions of the body after strokes, central (dyscirculatory encephalopathy, atherosclerotic, hypertonic, dysmetabolic genesis) and peripheral nervous system diseases, neuroinfections, brain and spinal cord injuries, etc. as well as afteratherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (angina pectoris; hypertensive disease and some congenital heart diseases).
- comprehensive «Post COVID 19 Rehabilitation» program – the work of a multi-profile team (neurologist, cardiologist, speech therapist, psychologist, physiotherapist, kinesiotherapist, massage therapist, reflexologist and homeopath) allows to restore the impaired body functions after COVID 19.
In «AltMed» Medical Centre comprehensive health-improving «Stop Osteoporosis!» program is offered: a multi-profile team of specialists (rheumatologist, endocrinologist, nutritionist-dietician, gastroenterologist, psychologist, kinesiotherapist and physiotherapist) carries out diagnosis and treatment of osteopenia and osteoporosis using pharmacological methods (chondrotic and osteotropic peptides stimulating the function of digestive system so that the elements necessary for the body are well absorbed), as well as diet therapy (providing a meal plan, and prescribing vitamins and microelements to compensate their lack in the organism) and applying also non-pharmacological therapeutic techniques (kinesiotherapeutic and physiotherapeutic procedures) for treatment of pain syndromes and prevention of bone fractures.
In the «AltMed» Medical Centre, an integrated health «Weight Management» program is implemented: a multi-profile team (nutritionist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, rheumatologist, psychologist, reflexologist, physiotherapist, kinesiotherapist, massage therapist, homeopath, endoscopist, plastic surgeon) performs the diagnosis and treatment of first and second class obesity, as well as obesity,and overweight linked to metabolic syndrome applying various methods of conservative (pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapy) and surgical methods of treatment (intragastric balloon placement, liposuction, abdominoplasty, mammoplasty, cosmetic surgery to correct the calves, аrm lift (brachioplasty, etc.).
In «AltMed» Medical Centre inclusive «No to Hepatitis!» program is offered; a multi-profile team of specialists (hepatologist, gastroenterologist, endocrinologist, nutritionist-dietician, psychologist, physiotherapist, reflexologist, herbal medicine practitioners, homeopath and aromatherapist ) performs diagnostics and treatment of chronic diffuse liver diseases (hepatitis B and C, hepatosis, Gilbert syndrome, etc.) with the use of alternative treatment techniques, pharmacological methods, (phytotherapeutic, homeopathic, apitherapy and aromatherapy medicinal products) and dietary treatment therapy (prescribing an appropriate therapeutic diet) as well as non-pharmacological methods (reflexotherapy and physiotherapy procedures, as well as leech therapy) in order to suppress the reproduction of the virus and reduce hepatic inflammation, thus preventing further progression of the disease.
Within the restorative health care «Alternative Rejuvenation» program offered in «AltMed» Medical Centre, a comprehensive preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitation assistance to patients is provided applying the modern and alternative pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods of diagnosis and treatment of patients with skin and hair problems such as: age-related skin changes (wrinkles, photoageing, prevention of skin aging after 25 years, loss of elasticity and dry skin), pigmented spots, scars, acne (acne and post acne), eczema, dermatitis (allergodermia, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, seborrhoeic dermatitis), etc. The «Alternative Rejuvenation» program is offered under the control of a dermatologist-cosmetician and in collaboration with a multi-profile team of «AltMed» Medical Centre – specialists in the field of reflexology, physiotherapy, kinesiotherapy, homeopathy, gastroenterology, endocrinology, dietology, nutritiology radiоdiagnostics, rheumatology, neurpathology and psychotherapy.
«AltMed» Medical Center applies modern Western scientific technologies such as:
– Physiotherapy: inhalation therapy, electrophoresis, darsonvalization, magnetic therapy, ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, etc.
– Hydrotherapy (Aquatic therapy): controlled underwater spine traction therapy, shower massage, hydromassage of paravertebral muscles, chromotherapy (affecting the human body through specific colour spectrum) using the «Aquatraction” multifunctional hydro-massage equipment (Russia).
«Aquatraction» hydro-massage equipment (JSC «Orbita», Russia).
– Kinesiology: diagnosis and treatment of functional disorders of muscles and joints with the use of prof. Bubnovsky’s «MTB» multifunctional gym apparatus (Russia); and also stretching the joints with the use of «Shlingentish» gym apparatus (Germany).
– Biofeedback therapy: diagnosis and correction of lesions of locomotor system by electromyography, and correction of speech disorders under the control of heart rate and respiratory arrhythmia with the use of hardware-software complexes «Miotonik» and «Bio-Bittman» (Russia).
Biofeedback therapy («Miotonik», Russia).
– Massage: classical, segmental, pressure point, cupping, aromatherapy.
– Therapeutic blockade: paravertebral, nerve block anesthesia and local anaesthesia, plazmolifting, PRP therapy.
– Nutritiology: (use of nutraceuticals, probiotics, parapharmaceuticals) and Dietology.
– Psychotherapy: positive psychotherapy, person-centred therapy, art therapy, NLP therapy, psychodrama, etc.
– Speech therapy: correction of phonopathy, articulation disorders (speech disturbances), reading and writing disorders (dyslexia, dysgraphia).
«AltMed» Medical Center provides integrated medical assistance using the knowledge, skills and practices, which are based on the experience of different people:
– Traditional Armenian medicine (treatment with medicinal herbs, leeches, beekeeping products, clay etc.);
– Chinese traditional medicine (acupuncture and herbal medicine) and
– Indian traditional medicine (Ayurveda and Yoga).
«AltMed» Medical Center applies also the centuries-old traditions of Eastern medicine:
herbal medicine, aromatherapy, acupuncture,manual therapy, osteopathy,homeopathy, claytherapy, hirudotherapy (treatment with medicinal leeches), apitherapy (treatment with honeybee products), etc.
Mud treatment (mud of Lake Saki, Crimea)
The team of «AltMed» Medical Center carries out extensive research and practical activities in the field of diagnostics, prevention and treatment of many acute and chronic diseases, introducing new advanced technologies, reviewing and summing up the experience of various Western and Eastern methods. «AltMed» Medical Centre has its own unique developments and original diagnostic and therapeutic methods elaborated with the aim of integrated use of modern and traditional medicine practices. They are based on introduction of:
– new method of physiotherapeutic procedures with the use of the most advanced “Di-Blyuden +” phyto-composition, prepared in Armenia;
– new original method of scalp therapy (electrostimulation of certain scalp zones through a special software using the revealed correlation of biologically active points of internal organs of the abdominal cavity and corresponding zones of the scalp);
– new original method for testing medicines when carrying out pharmacopuncture action on corporal biologically active points with homeopathic remedies (homosyniatry);
– new hardware diagnostic complex “Bioscope” produced in Armenia.
The «AltMed» Centre for Rehabilitation and Traditional Medicine is a clinical base for students, interns specialized in various fields of alternative and restorative medicine. In «AltMed» Medical Centre training of interns and postgraduate students as well as advanced training and retraining of doctors and mid-level practitioners is provided within the Alternative Medicine Training Programme of the Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi, it provides also professional training of kinesiologists within the frame of the master’s degree programme at Kinesiology Department of the Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture and Sport.
We have professional team who will develop a detailed plan of comprehensive treatment. In case of necessity, the patient will be advised to undergo additional examination or to visit a relevant medical consultant with whom the «AltMed» Medical Centre has an agreement. Specialists in related fields from different departments of Mikaelyan Institute of Surgery (orthopaedics, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, plastic surgery, general surgery, proctology, urology, cardiology, electrophysiology, radiоdiagnostics, laboratory diagnostics, etc.) are engaged in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation after injuries. Through the years of successful practice the «AltMed» Medical Centre has won a hard-earned reputation. Patients from Russia, the USA, CIS countries, Europe and Asia visit us. Many visit our «AltMed» Medical Centre on the recommendations of friends or family members who have been treated in our Centre. We guarantee care and attention and a high level of professionalism.
In our «AltMed» Medical Centre you can have consultancy from the specialists who will not only explain your problem to you, but will clarify also the further steps. i.e. which tests and examinations need to be conducted, to establish the precise diagnosis and identify the effective treatment tactics.
Welcome to the Medical Center
- if your health is important for you,
- if you were not diagnosed properly,
- if you are still suffering.
We know how to help you!