«AltMed» Centre for Rehabilitation, Prevention and Traditional Medicine focuses mainly on spinal disorders known as vertebrogen diseases since the researchers have long established, that the spine plays a vital role for the health of other organs, and at the same time the spine diseases are seen as the main cause of most of Illnesses. The vertebral column (columna vertebralis), also known as the backbone or spine, is part of the axial skeleton, providing the main support for the body, protecting the spinal cord, it is also involved in the movement of the body on the one hand, and on the other hand it is an essential organ of central and peripheral nervous system, engaged in the innervation of internal organs and other parts of the body. The next priority in the activities of «AltMed» Medical Center are the diseases of gastrointestinal tract. The organs of the digestive system ingest the food taken to extract nutrients, absorb them into the blood and lymph, and remove the undigested waste from the body. This is another vital system of the organism, on the functional state of which any process-taking place in the organism depends. «AltMed» Medical Center offers an integrated preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative care by applying modern and alternative pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods: Diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- dorsopathies – degenerative-dystrophic diseases of cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral and coccygeal spine: the so-called “vertebral pathologic processes” (osteochondrosis of spine, osteochondropathy, spondylosis, spondylitis, spondyloarthrosis, spondylolisthesis, spinal disc herniation disease, Schmorl’s hernia, ), with various clinical symptoms (cervicalgia, brachialgia, thoracalgia, lumbalgia, lumbar ischialgia, vertebrogenic radiculoischemia, coccygodynia, dysfunction of the sacroiliac joint, vertebrovisceral syndrome, lower back pain syndrome, vertebro-basilar arterial system syndrome, musculoskeletal and neurogenic thoracalgia syndrome, vertebrogenic neurovascular syndromes, coxo-vertebral syndrome, dysfunction of the hip joint, etc.);
- postural disorders – scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis, dorsal juvenile kyphosis (Scheiermann-Mau disease); flat feet; oblique and twisted pelvis syndrome; different leg length syndrome etc.;
- anomalies and malformations of the spine – anomalies in the development of the craniovertebral zone (anomalies in the development of the dentate process, Atlas assimilation (platybasia, basilar impression, elongated styloid process syndrome (stylohyoid syndrome), manifestation of the main part of the occipital bone, hypoplasia of the posterior arch atlas, aplasia of the posterior arch atlas, Kimmerly anomaly, Klippel-Feil syndrome), anomalies of the development of the lumbosacral junction (Spina bifida, Bertolotti syndrome), );
- rheumatic diseases (articular syndrome, pain syndrome) – arthritis (reactive arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Bekhterev’s disease, Reiter’s syndrome, gonorrheic arthritis, tuberculosis arthritis, psoriatic arthritis), osteoarthrosis (postmenopausal osteoarthrosis, osteoarthrosis of the elbow joint, osteoarthrosis osteoarthritis of the ankle joint), diseases of the spine (spondyloarthrosis, inflammatory diseases of the spine (spondylitis, osteomyelitis), seronegative spondyloarthropathies), periarthritis, bursitis (infectious bursitis, ulnar bursitis, trochanteric bursitis, Achilles bursitis), systemic inflammatory rheumatic diseases (systemic vasculitis, systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic scleroderma, rheumatic polymialgia, idiopathic inflammatory myopathies), brachialgia (scapulohumeral periarthrosis, shoulder-hand syndrome, scalenus syndrome, pectalgic syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome), dysfunction of the hip joint (osteoarthrosis of the hip joint, osteonecrosis of the hip join, bursitis of the hip, tendinitis of the pelvic region, Hip-spine syndrome), pathology of the knee joints (patellofemoral pain, vertebrogen gonalgia, injury of the articular cartilage of the knee joint, pathology of synovial folds of the knee joint, popliteal syndrome, Baker’s cyst), periodic illness, fibromyalgia, heel “spur”, as well as metabolic diseases (gout, osteoporosis, );
- traumatic lesions of the spine, joints, muscles and tendons, etc.
Diseases of the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous system:
- radiculopathy, neuralgia (trigeminal neuralgia, postherpetic neuralgia, complex regional pain syndrome, phantom pain syndrome, causalgic pain syndrome, ), neuropathies (polyneuropathy, diabetic polyneuropathy, neuropathy of the facial nerve, tunnel syndromes, etc.), headaches (migraines, vestibular migraine, menstrual migraine, cervicogenic headache, tension-type headache, cluster headache, post-traumatic headaches, etc.), somatoform autonomic dysfunction, vertigo, insomnia, tinnitus, nocturnal enuresis, etc.).
- postoperative rehabilitation: after orthopedic surgery (hip and knee joint replacement) and neurosurgical (removal of a herniated intervertebral disc) operations, as well as various injuries (stretching of ligaments, tendons and muscles, joint injuries, );
- neurorehabilitation: patients with diseases of the spine (osteoporosis, osteochondrosis), after strokes and traumatic brain injuries;
- cardiorehabilitation: after coronary heart disease, stenocardia, hypertension, some congenital heart diseases;
- rehabilitation of postcovid syndrome: after suffering from COVID-19 coronovirus disease.
Diseases of gastrointestinal tract:
- chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, chronic cholecystitis, chronic hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel diseases, functional bowel diseases, bacterial overgrowth (dysbacteriosis), worm infections (helminthiasis), constipation, hemorrhoids,
- diabetes mellitus (type 1 diabetes mellitus and type 2 diabetes mellitus), hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia, infertility,
- overweight and underweight conditions (primary and secondary obesity, obesity in children, metabolic syndrome, insufficient food), eating disorders (clinical reactions to food, food allergies), hypovitaminosis and dismicroelementoses (deficiency of vitamins, deficiency of microelements, deficiency of zinc, violation of phosphate metabolism, violation of sodium metabolism, violation of potassium metabolism, violation of copper metabolism, violation of calcium metabolism, violation of iron metabolism, balance violation of magnesium),
Diseases of urogenital system:
- menstrual cycle disorder, polycystic ovary syndrome,primary dysmenorrhea, acute salpingoophoritis, fibrocystic mastopathy, uterine myoma, endocrine infertility, menopausal syndrome, cystitis, nephrolithiasis (kidney stones), nocturnal enuresis, prostatitis, prostate gland adenoma,
- acne and rosacea, viral dermatoses, pustular diseases of the skin, fungal diseases of the skin, dermatitis, pigmentation disorders of the skin, hair loss, eczema,
- allergic bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, allergic dermatitis, pollinosis, food allergies, drug allergies,
- emotion-borne illnesses neuroses, neurotic disorders, psycho-vegetative syndrome, panic disorder, anxiety-phobic disorders, depression (anxiety depressions, post-stroke depression), somatoform disorders, social phobias, addictions (smoking), age crises (teenagers), problems of personal and professional growth, lack of confidence and low self esteem,
- speech (autism, logoneurosis (stuttering), aphasia, dysarthria, dyslalia, alalia, rhinolalia, delayed speech development, general underdevelopment of speech, phonetic and phonemic underdevelopment);
- voice (aphonia, dysphonia, rhinophonia, phonation disorders on the basis of paresis and paralysis of the larynx);
- reading and writing disorders (dyslexia, dysgraphia), etc.
In the conclusion, we would like to mention that even the most accurate and comprehensive information about the diseases and methods of their treatment available on the internet cannot be an adequate substitute for а specialized consultation from a doctor. Detailed publications on the web-page, even with illustrations, provide a general description of diseases, without taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. Thus, we would strongly recommend to consult a doctor immediately in case if alarming symptoms or signs of an illness are noticed and to undergo relevant examination to overcome the disease as quickly as possible.
The key to successful treatment in «AltMed» Centre is the:
- Systemic approach, which shall take into account the specificities of patient’s organism;
- Comprehensive examination using modern technologies
- Use of advanced therapeutic methods and know-how,
- Highly qualified doctors with long-term experience,
- Use of effective healthcare products certified by the RA Ministry of Health.
Our Main Concern in «AltMed» Centre is the Provision of Effective and High-Quality Medical Care.